Here is what you need:
-Jelly beans (I used the speckled egg kind from Wal-mart. I used 5 bags for 16 students and gave each child 30. I probably could of gave each child 40 to have a fuller bag.)
-Snack size baggies
-Very small googly eyes
-Pipe cleaners cut in thirds
- First we started during math sorting and graphing our jelly beans.
- After our kiddos graphed them, they put them in a bag.
- I let all the air out and folded the baggie over.
- I separated the jelly beans and put a clothes pin in the middle.
- Then I had them decorate the clothes pin, add googly eyes and put a pipe cleaner for the antenna.
Look how cute!!
This was so fun and easy! Happy Spring!