Saturday, December 25, 2010

Importance of family

The later part of this year has been a hard time for me as well as Josh.  He lost his Grandfather in September and I lost my Grandmother in October.  I have never really experiences many situations dealing with death or illness until this year.  I have realized that losing someone is a constant battle that is difficult to get over.  Death not only affects you, but also the people around you and your daily routine.  I was very blessed to be able to spend my Grandma's last days on earth with her in Indiana.  It was a blessing to be with family at such a difficult time.  I miss you Grandma Babs, but I know you are looking down on us in heaven while your celebrate Jesus' birthday. 


Last night, Josh and I talked about how he has had 21 Christmas' with his Grandfather and this was the first one without him.  I miss Pop's greeting and warm smile every time we came to see him. 
May the Lord Bless us in this difficult time and let us cherish the memories we have with our family.

Love you Grandma Babs and Pop.  Missing you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment